Here's what's new in Pocket City this month.
1. Elevated Railway
- can cross over roads
- reduces traffic pollution
- useful for connecting residential with commercial and industrial zones
- cycling roads will allow cyclists to travel faster, promoting a reduction in traffic
3. Water Terrain
- still a work in progress, I'd like to make the corners less sharp and make a smoother transition from water to sand
4. Cloud storage and sharing
Pocket City now has a very simple upload feature. You can publicly upload your city save state at any time, and you get a code for it (similar to how public image hosting sites work).
This allows you to transfer your city to a new device, share your city with a friend, or just as a backup in case your phone data is lost.
It's simple but hopefully effective!
5. Improved pedestrian animations
6. Under the hood
Some non-visible progress:
- revamped traffic algorithm
- successfully deployed test build on iOS
- performance optimizations
That's all for now, stay tuned!